Anchor TOP TOP
|Table of Contents|
Version 3.4.0 (2023/09/19)
Integration of Desktop Library for Windows Application Testing
With the integration of the Desktop Library for RobotFramework, you can now easily and efficiently test your Desktop Windows applications without needing to install testing libraries on a remote server or configure a Remote Library. Through this integration, you will discover keywords like those in Appium and Selenium, designed to be intuitive and allow you to create test scripts effortlessly, even without advanced expertise. Please refer to our documentation for all the details regarding the usage of this integration. Link
System Information Display
This feature simplifies access to essential information about your system, allowing you to better understand its state and performance. Through this feature, you can access a comprehensive overview of your system, including details about automated executions and browsers. To access it, simply navigate to the "Help and Support" menu.
New Service Desk Portal for More Efficient Support
From now on, for any assistance or questions, you can rely on our brand-new service desk portal, accessible directly from the help menu. Our commitment to your success is stronger than ever, and for that reason, we offer a set of options designed to meet your specific needs:
- Technical support: Facing installation, configuration, or operational issues? Our technical support team is here to help you resolve your problems quickly.
- Bug report: f you notice any malfunction in Alithya GoTest, report it via the portal so that we can take swift action to resolve it.
- Improvement suggestion: Your input is valuable! If you have ideas to make our software even better, share them with us through the portal.
- Script expertise: Need assistance with test scripts or automation? Our team of experts is available to guide you through complex challenges ($).
- Other questions: If you have questions that don't fit the above categories, simply select this option to get the help you need.
During your first visit to the portal, you will be prompted to create an account. Don't worry, this process is quick and easy. Once registered, you can track the status of your requests at any time.
Support is included in the license fee and is specifically focused on resolving software bug-related issues. However, please note that it does not cover assistance related to tasks such as creating, maintaining, or optimizing test scripts, or other aspects related to their functioning. If you require assistance from an automation specialist, you have the option to purchase dedicated hours. In case you don't have dedicated hours, we will still provide you with assistance, but please be aware that you will be billed hourly for the services provided.
- Improved Excel import to manage result column merging.
- Enhanced performance when using large datasets.
- Modified the Excel import button for a better user experience.
- The execution cleanup function now selects the current tenant.
- Added the "Find Usages" function in edit mode for all system components.
- In the library filter, moved the "CompareFiles" library from "Utilities" to "Data and Files."
- In the library filter, moved the "Email Exchange" library from "Integration" to "Utilities."
These improvements are crucial to maintain the security, performance, and stability of our software. Rest assured, these updates will have no impact on your user experience.
- Migration to Spring Boot 3.1.2
- Migration to Robot Framework 6.1.1
- Update of Robot and Python libraries:
- Appium Library 2.0.0
- Exchange Lib 5.0.3
- Imap Library2 0.4.6
- Lxml 4.9.2
- Psycopg 2.9.6
- Pymongo 4.3.3
- Redis Library 1.2.5
- REST Instance 1.3.0
- RPA Framework 23.1.0
Version 3.2.0 (2023/06/22)
- Correction of opening the results file on Mac
- Correction of downloading the results file via the Public API
- Correction of links to results files via the Public API when the compression parameter is used Correction of the link to technical support when a system error occurs
- Correction of execution scheduling when there are multiple simultaneous executions, concurrent access issue
- Correction of the display of the test progress icon on the execution page when the test is completed
Version 3.3.0 (2023/06/15)
Automatic import of Excel test cases
For clients configured with an Identity Provider, it is possible to customize the login page by displaying only the Single Sign-On (SSO) login form.
- Increased maximum length of a JIRA requirement to 255 characters.
- Maximization of space in the variables section to adapt to the user's screen.
- Keyboard shortcut modification for reordering keywords (ALT+O instead of SHIFT+R).
- Standardization of field colors in the read-only variables section.
- Automatic detection of Docker installation directory.
- Increase the queue time for Selenium sessions from 5 to 15 minutes.
- Fixed a bug when changing the password twice consecutively.
- Fixed check-boxes in the keywords section.
- Corrected the display of arguments on the keywords page when the project is locked.
- Fixed a text error in the keywords section for arguments.
- Fixed the public API to configure the value of a variable.
- Fixed an issue with unavailable execution in the audit when stopping.
- Fixed the "Cancel" button when refreshing in the combined keywords section.
- Replace the contact support links due to the new website.
- Migration to Springboot 3.0.4.
- Migration to Keycloak 21.1.1
This implies that all users will need to be recreated and initialized with a temporary password. For instances on Alithya servers, an email containing this randomly generated temporary password will be sent to users. If a configuration with an Identity Provider has been set up, it will need to be manually reconfigured by the client after the update.
- Updated Robot SudsLibrary to version 1.1.4.
- Updating the libraries of the back-end part:
Version 3.2.1 (2023/02/23)
A new keyword "Download File" of the GoTestSelenium library has been made available. It allows to easily acquire a file downloaded by Selenium in order to use it in GoTest tests.
- Ability to accept 500-character tokens during user integration with JIRA.
- Update of the libraries: RPA.PDF (7.0.1), RPA.Excel.Files (21.1.0), RPA.Tables (21.1.0), RPA.Salesforce (21.1.0), RPA.Email.Exchange (21.1.0), RPA.Slack (21.1.0), RPA.Hubspot (21.1.0), RPA.Notifier (21.1.0)
Thanks to version 3.2 and its integration with JIRA, it will be easy to associate JIRA requirements at the functionality level and to open or associate a ticket at the failure level; gain and efficiency when everything can be viewed in the same interface. Also, several improvements, including the addition of new libraries for scripting have been added to improve the experience and allow gains in performance.
- Automatic compression of output.xml and report.html files to save space. Note that compression is optional if the run is launched from the public API.
- Audit generation for user authentication and logout, project lock and when a user stops a run.
- Addition of the verdict to the Excel file of the results of a manual test
- Quick access to the test results in Excel format via a button to the right of the 3-dot menu (...). This file is always accessible via the said menu.
- Ability to specify a tenant if needed in the Swagger of the public API
- Addition of a checkbox "All / None" on the keyword library filter.
- Addition of the ALT+A shortcut on the user's page.
- Automatic activation of the editing mode of an added keyword while adding a combined keyword.
- Automatic activation of the edition mode of the added data set while adding a data set.
- Grey colour display of the "Comment" keyword to better distinguish comments from other active keywords.
- Self-selection of the level while adding a system component, so that the new component is always displayed in the list.
- Improved presentation of the keyword documentation displayed with F1 to better reflect its internal content.
- Ability to download a file residing on the Selenium hub of your GoTest instance. This download allows you to open the file and make the desired validations a second time.
Note that it is imperative that the file has been downloaded in Selenium. Here is an example of scripting to visualize the steps to follow:
Integration with Jira
The GoTest integration with JIRA is available at 2 levels; requirements and bugs. This integration ensures traceability at these 2 levels.
- Fix for translating text into the correct language when displaying sliding panels which in some cases lost the user's language.
- Fix in Find & Replace to be able to search on special characters.
- Fix in Find & Replace not to take into account deleted arguments that are kept in the history at the database level
- Fix when doing a Find References of Variables and Resource Files, not to search on deleted arguments that are kept in the history at the database level
- Handling error messages when exporting a level. Added some cases like obsolete keywords.
- Fixed problems with association of arguments to Step Keywords originally from version 2.10 which were fixed by an independent script but not included in the migration scripts.
- Changed permissions to start Selenium in dynamic mode in some more restrictive environments.
- Changed links to documentation to use a permanent link and prevent broken links.
- Changed links to logger installation documentation to use a permanent link and prevent link breakage.
- Rename the pre-configured tags "Acceptance" to "Acceptance" to align with the other tags.
- Fixed the configuration of the external Proxy which during certain on-premise product installations did not start automatically.
- We added a back-end configuration to generate all variables during a run. This configuration is disabled by default to improve performance. It can be activated upon request to support. This configuration will be used in cases where a variable is used but generated from strings and/or other variables.
- Display a notification to users 30 days before the GoTest license expires.
- We updated the following JDBC drivers:
- Oracle: ojdbc8-126.96.36.199.jar -> ojdbc8-188.8.131.52.jar
- MsSQL: mssql-jdbc-7.0.0.jre8.jar -> mssql-jdbc-11.2.1.jre8.jar
- MySQL: mysql-connector-java-8.0.14.jar -> mysql-connector-java-8.0.30.jar
- The `com.mysql.jdbc.Driver' class is now deprecated, you need to replace it with `com.mysql.cj.jdbc.Driver'.
- SAP Cloud: nddbc-2.7.9.jar -> nddbc-2.14.9.jar
- Added driver for MariaDB: mariadb-java-client-3.0.8.jar
In some cases, displaying grid filters in dark mode was not displaying with the correct styling and making text unreadable. This issue has been fixed and filter text is now visible in all cases.
In order to speed up the capture of web scripts, a new recorder installation will allow you to record your tests while you do them manually and import those recordings into GoTest in order to have a basis for your scenario scripts.
Improvements and new features
Project Exporter v2
New way of importing projects, managing conflicts on combined keywords and remote libraries.